Stress Busters…..(bustin’ makes me feel good)
The first quarter of this year has been trying in the extreme, so for anyone who wants them here are my top ten tips for dealing with stress:
1) Go for a run. Running is scientifically proven to reduce stress. It clears your mind and relaxes your muscles.
2) Punch someone. Ok so this may seem a little extreme, but believe me it has its medicinal worth. It can also be combined with 1 (above) if the person is bigger than you.
3) Have a cuddle. Make sure it is with a willing participant otherwise they may use it as an opportunity to indulge in 2 (above) therefore reducing their stress levels but increasing yours.
4) Read a book. Ok, so we have all this social media stuff and internet and mobile technologythingumbybobs. But give yourself a quiet half hour with a book and see whether you feel better. (NOTE: HR textbooks or books by “Business Gurus” do not fall within this category)
5) Drink. Ok so this one might sound contrary to all medical advice given by anyone anywhere outside of Russia. But the odd glass of what you fancy will not kill you, it will not hurt you and it will make you feel better about the world.
6) Tell someone how you feel. Kind of obvious, but how many times do we stew over something that is really winding us up, and it just becomes bigger and bigger and bigger and…… Wouldn’t it just be easier to let it out? We all know, better out than in…..
7) Get some sun. This may play more towards those of us that live in cold climes. But a little sun on the face, the feeling of warmth on your body, it makes you happy. If you have been wading through snow, ice, rain for months then of course you are stressed. Every day is grim. Seek the sun, this is not indulgence, this is investment in YOU plc.
8) Skive off, take a duvet day. Remember Ferris Bueller’s Day Off? You know what I’m saying? Just don’t crash the car…..
9) Go home on time every day for a week. What is the worst that can happen? And you never know you might even start a trend within your workplace.
10) Leave your job. Either involuntarily because of 2,3,4,5,6,8 or 9 above. Or because it sucks and you deserve better life.
NOTE: Any unpleasantness that results from following any of the above advice is a direct result of karma and in no way can be attributable to me or this website. You create your own luck in this game! 🙂