Reasons to be cheerful…….1,2,3
So this is Christmas Blue Monday is it? The most depressing day of the year……? Well allegedly. Although the “most depressing” bit was created by some chap in a PR firm….so clearly it must be true?
So in among all the adverts you’ll see for holidays today and all the doom, gloom and general suck, here are my ten reasons why I am not down and Blue Monday can go and fuck itself up the arse.
1) I am healthy. I know this because my heart has been placed under every test known to man and many unknown…and if the “hot doc” tells me the results are A1…well hell, I’m going to believe her.
2) The days are getting longer and summer is on the way. The snow was a temporary blip and I can already start to smell the fields in the sun.
3) The eighties are back in fashion which is convenient because if I want a laugh all I need to do is look at the way people are dressed on the tube (I was there the first time and it sucked then!)
4) You can’t choose your family, but you can choose your friends….and I have some very dear friends that I know have got my back.
5) There is finally good evidence that strong wines are a nonsense and we can hopefully move back to sensible alcoholic volumes thus aiding both my health and my head in the morning.
6) My faith is humanity has been renewed by the response to Haiti. All we need to do is keep these sentiments up all year-round people. Charity is not just for Christmas.
7) Every day there are millions of children learning and doing amazing things. They are laughing, playing, enjoying life even under difficult circumstances. We were all like that once, we still can be.
8) The “Global Financial Crisis” was not as bad as it could have been. No really it wasn’t……. And to prove it, I’m putting my money where my mouth is and am going to buy a new house. Donations by post……please?
9) Research into diagnosing Alzheimer’s disease is advancing at a pace. As some who comes from a family which has been struck by Alzheimer’s and dementia, anything that can be done to eradicate these awful conditions is reason alone to be cheerful.
10) I have love in my life. I love and I am loved.
So, Blue Monday? I think not….we all have reasons to be cheerful. Don’t we?