Ohhhh……the iPhones connected to the WIFI….
Well, what can I say. Last night so the arrival and passing of Connecting HR Deux (This time it’s serious…..) In no particular order, these things happened……
- I met chief sticker boy and all round social networking ninja, Callum Saunders. “Hey Cal, who have we got here tonight?” I asked (I’d studied the guest list. I mean……I really had studied it) only to hear the reply, “Quite a lot of people that weren’t on the list….” *groan*
- I talked to Abi Signorelli about introverts and extroverts on the interweb. I’m right she, is wrong. I just need her to admit that. Abi…..admit it. Abi also took a photo of my shoes. You can see them here. It’s not because she is small……I think she was making a point.
- Talking of small…..I also met Charlie Duff. If there is anyone out there who wants a handy pocket-sized journalist (useful for when you are out and about) she is your lady. Although she left her very big bright red handbag by my feet which did lead to a little confusion amongst innocent bystanders……come to think of it, maybe it was her sleeping bag….
- Carrying on the theme of journalists, it was also great to catch up with Rob Moss again. For those of you who don’t know, Rob now is Personnel Today…… I apologised for my comments on the last post (here) which I understand were instrumental in their decision to pull the mag.
- Gary Franklin is a bear of a man. A bear wearing a tie. I’m thinking Yogi. Gary – I didn’t say anything…..but if you ever shake my hand like that again….I’m suing. These fingers…..they feed my kids……you hear me?
- When I wrote about saying sorry yesterday, I significantly altered the life of a man I have never met. Louise Triance (who I warmed to immensely and will now be my new best friend whether she likes it or not) phoned her husband-to-be and apologised for “being a bitch”……so Mr. Whateveryournameis….you owe me one….I’m sending you my wife’s mobile number……and she bites……
- Matt Alder has more hair than both Michael Carty and I. This makes him happy. This doesn’t stop him looking like a TV presenter from a regional news channel.
- The CIPD were there. I didn’t talk to them. They didn’t talk to me. It was like going to a party and seeing someone who you’ve slept with and then broken up messily. Call me? I still have feelings for you…….we can work this one out……
And of course there were numerous other people all of whom were genuinely nice. In fact I didn’t meet one person I wanted to punch. Don’t get me wrong, there were people there I wanted to punch. I just didn’t meet them.